The list of important projects and improvements in the Garden continues:
- We are improving drainage near the access ramp between the upper and lower gardens.
- Old insulation in the main polytunnel is being replaced.
- Reorganisation of the workshop, including new shelving, is helping to improve safety and tidiness.
- Work has started on the construction of a sensory garden. More about this particular project to follow.
- Once storage arrangements have been finalised, we will be able to push on with the purchase of a new tractor. Where appropriate, the tractor will be used by students to help with some of the heavier garden-related tasks such as moving large quantities of compost or gravel.
- Using funds provided by the Robertson Trust, we have started manufacturing wooden signs for garden use and local sale. Students enjoy making the signs which provide a really good learning exercise in spelling, measuring and using different tools